For me, my poultry purchases of late at my local store is now more of a ‘hit-and-miss’ condition, incurring more misses than hits. As I eat chicken nuggets or Coq au Vin made from home, I always have a weird chicken taste, stringy. So some few days back, I saw headline news that the FDA has now confirmed that chicken meat that is being sold in the U.S. has arsenic, I almost ran mad.
These toxic chemicals that cause cancer, that could lead to death when a high dose is taken, is being added to chicken feed deliberately, making chicken bought from store look like it is healthy because of its plump appearance and coloring. Something shocking is that inside over 70% of all U.S. chickens! This is really bad!
The FDA instructed Pfizer to put a stop to the production of the drug containing arsenic, Roxarsone, found inside the livers of almost half of all tested chicken. Based on a report by the Wall Street Journal, “The agency carried out research on 100 broiler chickens recently, that discovered inorganic arsenic in a very high quantity inside the chicken’s livers treated with 3-Nitro when compared with those chicken that were not chickens…
Pfizer reported that selling of 3-Nitro is going to be halted by early July to enable animal producers to transit to other treatments.” This quick request by the FDA is amazing because the agency has constantly stated that there is a low level of arsenic in chickens and that it is safe for eating while it has been proven by clinical tests that it is very toxic to health, leading to different neurological defects in fetuses and little kids…it seems like the FDA has gotten the memo finally, but that was done a bit late!
So, whenever you are planning to purchase chicken, for those that are not yet disgusted by it now, you should ensure check out the following:
- If the chicken meat is bright pink in color, like in an unnatural way, avoid it at all costs.
- ake sure that the fat content on the chicken is white to deep yellow, not gray or pasty.
- Check the date on the package.
- And finally, aim for “Certified Organic” meat products. It’s probably safest choice for you and your family.
Post from the same category:
- Breastfeeding Prevent Babies from Getting Poison Found in Baby Formulas
- 9 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (VIDEO)
- California to Restrict the Use of Glyphosate
- Consumer Survey Discovers That 87% of People Believe That Non-GMO Products Are Better for Health
- High Levels of Roundup Being Found in Food